Saturday, June 19, 2010

My male long-hair chihuahua will play with and eat his feces if he's left along with it for a f

I also have a female short-hair chihuahua and the male will also play with and eat her feces. I have tried putting his nose to the poo and scolding him so he can associate "bad" with poo. I've had him for over a year and have yet to break this disgusting habit. If it's possible for a dog to have ADD then I think he has it because he has always been hard to train.



My male long-hair chihuahua will play with and eat his feces if he's left along with it for a few hours.?

Your dog may have a vitamin deficiancy, you should address the problem with a vetrinarian.



My male long-hair chihuahua will play with and eat his feces if he's left along with it for a few hours.?

It's not a disgusting habit to a dog and putting his nose in it is ridiculous!! How is he supposed to know what you're doing? All he knows is he can't trust you - you behave irrationally!!



The cure is to clean it up! Most dogs do it as puppies and outgrow it, a few don't. Why is he left alone with it for hours anyway? Isn't he even housetrained?



My male long-hair chihuahua will play with and eat his feces if he's left along with it for a few hours.?

he's probaly hungry, try picking up all the feces everywhere for over two months. then leave some out and see what he does if nothing changes take him to a vet or repeat the process



My male long-hair chihuahua will play with and eat his feces if he's left along with it for a few hours.?

Actually, there is a problem with the way you are training your dogs. Rubbing a dog's face in poo and yelling at it doesn't teach it anything; it just confuses them. You have to catch your dog in the act of eating it and then yell no for it to understand; anything else just won't work.



My male long-hair chihuahua will play with and eat his feces if he's left along with it for a few hours.?

Over a year old!! And left with it for a few hours... why is he not trained yet. My dog is 5 months old.... he hasn't gone in my house for over a month now. I sometimes have to leave him alone while I'm at work for up to 10 hours and he's perfectly trained. Now I can understand some dogs are mor stubborn then others, but after that long he should be trained. Maybe you should work on that and then the "him eating it" problem with go with it!



My male long-hair chihuahua will play with and eat his feces if he's left along with it for a few hours.?

A couple thoughts come to mind...



1) Is the feces inside or outside? If it is inside, the first step is to house train them so they don't go to the bathroom.



2) Try cleaning up the feces. Feces laying around either outside or inside can cause health problems, including but not limited to worms, disease, and infection.



3) Is the dog getting proper nutrition? Make sure he is on a high quality pet food. Don't ever buy any food from the grocery store. It is filled with crap that the dog cannot digest. Go to a pet store or vet and ask for help picking out a high quality pet food.



4) Is the dog bored? Try stimulating the dog's mind more by playing games with the dog and using toys to play with him. A bored dog is a destructive dog.



My male long-hair chihuahua will play with and eat his feces if he's left along with it for a few hours.?

When you leave, the animal gets bored, so you need to get things that would be intresting for them. I would say you should get like a KONG rubber toy. They come in different sizes, and you can put treats in them. With my dog, she had a problem with eating EVERYTHING! I got her one of those things, and she loves it, I put peanut butter in it, and I dont have a problem with her now.



My male long-hair chihuahua will play with and eat his feces if he's left along with it for a few hours.?

thats so sick if my dog did that i would get rid of it gross

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++